Saturday, April 19, 2008

What can you do in 88 years?



I can not believe that Ann Tucker is 88 years old. She has lead such a great life so far and has always been there for me in life.
She has been married twice.
First when she was 14 years old.
My first grandfather died of cancer at 44. Now that she has lived twice his life time she still talks about how much she misses him and loves him. She married again to the man that my mother would come to call father because she was the very youngest. In fact her older brothers and sisters had already moved out. This man was abusive and was murdered in a robbery by a friend of after being released from jail. Not much of a friend.
She is what comes to mind when I think of a strong woman. She has lost two husbands to death. Three of children passed on from diabetes, suicide, and cancer. She helped raise me and my brothers and sisters when my mom and dad were out making a living.
So, how can I apply this in my life?
As I am getting ready to leave school I realize that 88 years is short. This world is to big to try and live it in one place. Keep moving. Keep changing. Keep learning. Don't keep things to your self. Share and you will live forever. My grandmother shared with me. I will share what I have with others.
OK...back to advertising.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Elder Byrd... Sorry thats just your name to me. I hope you don't mind me peeking at your blog every now and then. It's been a long long time but we had a really good friendship and you helped me through alot during that time in my life. I was just wondering if I could get your e-mail. I have something I want to share with you that I am pretty sure will blow your mind. I hope you are doing well! You seem very happy!

-Tana Eliason Draper
tanners19@hotmail.com

P.S. Casey (Elder Eliason) has a blog now... if you would like to say hi to him. It's a link on my blog.