Sunday, August 10, 2008

When we were young.


While looking over photos of school I ran across this photo. This was one of the greatest days of my life.

Now sure some people might say, "Hey Dave you got married, graduation, and so many other great things." Well, I would say to that you don't know me. So shut your face!
This was a time of great joy in my life.
This was a time were everyone came together. I had not seen my classmates all summer. The First Years had shown up and for some reason they all looked like they could be drafted by some pro sports team. This was really bad because we were looking forward to the biannual softball game. A game that we had lost both times that we had played. We wanted wanted to stay positive and say that this was "our year", but we knew that the odds were against us.
The day of the game came around and it was like something out of a bad sports movie the first years not only had shown up in uniform but they had cheerleaders. But for all there show they really did not play well. After the game started we took over and never looked back.
Now looking back I remember us playing like a mix of the 1969 Mets and the 1985 Edmonton Oilers. But, in fact it was an ugly game full of mistakes. But my point is that the game that we were supposedly going to lose was the only game that we won. I mean really. Any day that ends with Pat doing victory laps on a scooter with a helmet way to small for him is a good one.
I hope that everyone that was there that day has that photo of everyone after the game in their wallet or somewhere they can see it often. Because it needs to be a reminder of what is suppose to happen doest have to.

1 comment:

Bukes said...

Yes, that was a good day. A real high point.

Good luck in Boulder. As an "interactive AD" myself, I've quickly learned that Adcenter is light years ahead in that respect as we took for granted how "different" and "new" the medium is. Really, it was all new to most of us in school, but people who have been doing this for decades seem to be held back by invisible wires. Humans are creatures of habit, you know?

But cut those wires, David Byrd. You cut them.