Thursday, March 13, 2008

The new Hayward is right on.


Nike's new Hayward running shoe or the new Pre shoe is awesome. I was so disappointed with the first attempt at putting Pre on a shoe. There was nothing cool about it. They just threw Pre's face on a crappy heavy shoe. Now the new shoe is based on a drawing that Pre had for a running shoe. I don't know if I believe that but, the shoe has a great feel to it. The Hayward has a retro look to it and it is light weight. The shoe's stability is pretty good as well.
This is going to be my next shoe purchase in getting ready for the Monument Ave 10k. I say that because the light weight nature of the shoe would make it a good racer. The Hayward has restored my respect a some what for Nike in fixing a shoe that bares the name of one of the greatest track athletics of all time.

NOTE:
I still feel that the Nike brand has been hurt by losing touch with the runner. The fact they launched the Pre line with such little thought says something about how they really have forgotten were they came from.

No comments: